Sunday, January 10, 2016

Beginning of Bullet Journalling

I only recently started to bullet journal and so far it has let me stay organized and creative at the same time. I began by watching the introduction video on bulletjournal.com.


After watching the video, I created an index and future log. I am not sure how to use the future log yet, but I keep track of birthdays and special events. I hope to develop that more as I continue to journal. 

The beauty of the bullet journal is the freedom to adapt it to your life and artistic style. I spent a majority of my time lately, researching different styles and pages that people have added. I knew I wanted a quick reference to all the months in the year.


I was tired of using a rule at the time and decided to free style the straight lines. I wish that I had stuck with a ruler so that the months were prettier. 

For the monthly overview, I did not like how the video suggested to set it up. So I created a monthly calendar using a ruler and stamps. 


I love the look of this calendar, but I wish I had left room for monthly goals. In addition, I started adding collections at random points in my journal. The next time I start a journal I think I will leave some blank pages to plan for January and then add the collections later. By the way, collections are different kinds of lists. I have the local YMCA schedule, gift ideas, long and short term goals, and meal plans. One of my goals for this year is to become more fit. I wish I had put the YMCA schedule and Body Pump tracking together for easier access. I also wish I had planned the schedule better because it took up four pages unnecessarily. But I am proud of my Body Pump tracker. 


In addition to the collections, I was trying to find a theme for my bullet journal. Other journals I have seen online use ribbons to surround their heading. After much trial and error, I have chosen arrows. I think that my journal will look more put together that it has in the last week, because each page will be similar. Here are some example of what I am talking about.



In addition, I switched from using pen to using pencil. I want my journal to be a place where I can be creative. And being creative means making mistakes and tweaking as I go. Pencils make this much easier than pen. Maybe as I continue to figure out my theme and layouts I will use pen. That is all for now. I will keep you updated in my journey through my journal.




No comments:

Post a Comment